Digital Citizenship Video - Students need to watch this video prior to picking up ipads.
WELCOME TO DURAND-EASTMAN SCHOOL!!
Dear DE Families,
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! The Faculty and Staff here at DE are excited to start another year with your children. We have several initiatives that we are proud of. Our PYP (Primary Years Program) through the International Baccalaureate Programme allows us to focus on inquiry, while creating global citizens. Our PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Supports) focuses on reinforcing positive behaviors, while also creating a culture of good citizenship. Our staff has been busy all summer planning things like PYP, PBIS, as well as writing curriculum. Despite what folks believe, teachers are working year-round! After being in this building for a year now, I can honestly say I have yet to meet a more dedicated group of professionals. Your students are lucky!
We will have several areas of focus this year that we will consistently reinforce with our students. Those areas include getting students to understand the “Why” of school and “expected behaviors for different settings.” We want kids to understand that success in school will help set them up for success later in life, and we want to start to have those conversations about college and careers. It is never too early! We also want to explicitly help students identify expected behaviors in various settings. For example, there are different ways students are expected behave on the playground versus the classroom versus the cafeteria, or even a restaurant. Helping kids see those differences can lead to great success in all aspects of their lives. Please help us by having these conversations at home too.
Here at DE we pride ourselves on having an open-door policy, so do not hesitate to contact me or your child’s teacher. Our goal, always, is to increase home-school communication!
Best wishes for a successful 2018-2019 school year!
Lancers Have HEART!
Principal: Tim Roach
Secretaries: Stephanie Fien/Sarah Figler
School Counselor: Jeff Jasak 339-1360
Dignity for All Students Act Coordinator: Jeff Jasak 339-1360
School Psychologist: Leslie Psaty 339-1357
Speech Therapist: MaryJo Daughton 339-1365
Grade Level Leaders
Grade 3: Jill Duquette
Grade 4: Susan Westcott
Grade 5: Nicole Charles
PYP Coordinator: Katie VanEps
Current Documents and Information
- 7/18/2018 - DE Staff Directory
- 7/18/2018 - DE School Supply Lists
- 7/18/2018 - DE Rotation Day Calendar 2018-19
- 7/17/2018 - 2018-19 School Calendar and Parent Information Guide
- 9/18/2017 - Durand-Eastman PTA Membership Form
- 8/25/2017 - 2017-18 Crossing Guard Schedule
- 8/23/2017 - Digital Citizenship - Students must view before picking up ipads
- 8/4/2017 - DE Library Website
- 8/4/2017 - Durand-Eastman Parent Handbook
- 8/4/2017 - Parent Letter: Strive to Read 25 Books
- 8/4/2017 - Dignity for All Students Act - Coordinator Jeff Jasak
- 8/4/2017 - Visual Thesaurus
- 8/3/2017 - Benefits of Immersing Children in a Second Language
- 8/3/2017 - What does IB-PYP provide for my child?
- 7/31/2017 - Introduction to new K-5 Report Cards
- 7/31/2017 - When Should My Child Stay Home with the Flu
- 7/31/2017 - School Visitation Policy
- 7/31/2017 - Parent's Request for Administration of Medication
- 7/31/2017 - School Nutrition Program
- 7/31/2017 - Monroe Co. School Kids Influenza Prevention Program (MCSKIPP)
- 7/31/2017 - Resources for Parents
- 7/11/2016 - Parent Overview of the Parent Portal
Durand Eastman News N Notes
- Physicals for all EI district students available at Eastridge
- Rainbow of Stars Ad Flyer
- 2018-19 New Student-Open Registration
- PBIS June Newsletter
- Summer (Free) Food Program
- News from the Band Room at Durand-Eastman School
- Durand-Eastman April PTA Meeting - Tuesday, April 24
- Irondequoit Summer Camps
Durand-Eastman Staff Websites:
For a complete list from all East Irondequoit Schools Click Here