WELCOME TO DURAND-EASTMAN SCHOOL!!
Dear Durand-Eastman Parents, Families, and Community Members,
Hello, and welcome to a brand new school year! I am thrilled to be here in East Irondequoit, and I look forward to a successful partnership!
Durand-Eastman Intermediate School has a rich history dating all the way back to 1914! We have a tradition of pride and excellence which we share with our students every day. Teachers and staff have spent the summer preparing for a year filled with student inquiry and exploration of learning. The school uses the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program to integrate broad areas of knowledge through the development of curriculum which students find relevant, engaging, significant and challenging. We want our students to be internationally-minded, lifelong learners who positively impact our world. We hope that you will get involved in both the classroom and school-wide events and activities.
Students in the 21st century are faced with the challenge of learning about the interconnected world where knowledge is constantly developing. They are also expected to develop digital citizenship skills and habits. At Durand-Eastman every child will receive an iPad to maximize learning opportunities, and to help connect them to learners around the globe. This also allows us to provide each child with a personalized learning experience; to support them and challenge them through the use of technology. To learn more about the 1:1 initiative, view user agreements, and check on the 2016 distribution dates, please visit the following webpage:
This year, lessons in citizenship will extend beyond the classroom and into all areas of the school as we implement a positive behavior program designed to reward students for making safe, responsible choices. We have adopted a framework of expectations called:
Lancers Have HEART!
These schoolwide expectations will be taught and reinforced throughout the year via classroom presentation, schoolwide assemblies, and with public service announcements on our very own television station - DETV!!
Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to invite all families to become involved at Durand-Eastman by joining the PTA, volunteering in your child's classroom, or attending school sponsored events. The teachers and I look forward to collaborating with you. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 339-1350 to discuss your questions, or you can email me at Lisa_Milano@eastiron.monroe.edu.
Ms. Lisa Milano
Principal: Lisa Milano
Secretaries: Stephanie Fien/Sarah Figler
School Counselor: Jeff Jasak 339-1360
Dignity for All Students Act Coordinator: Jeff Jasak 339-1360
School Psychologist: Leslie Psaty 339-1357
Speech Therapist: MaryJo Daughton 339-1365
Grade Level Leaders
Grade 3: Jill Tallinger
Grade 4: Susan Westcott
Grade 5: Nicole Charles
PYP Coordinator: Katie VanEps
Current Documents and Information
- 11/28/2016 - Primary Years Program (PYP) Newsletter
- 11/19/2016 - Durand-Eastman PTA Meeting Minutes
- 11/1/2016 - DE Staff Directory
- 10/3/2016 - Durand-Eastman PTA Membership Form
- 9/7/2016 - 2016-17 Crossing Guard Schedule
- 8/31/2016 - School Nutrition Program
- 8/31/2016 - Introduction to new K-5 Report Cards
- 8/31/2016 - School Visitation Policy
- 8/31/2016 - Parent's Request for Administration of Medication
- 8/31/2016 - Monroe Co. School Kids Influenza Prevention Program (MCSKIPP)
- 8/31/2016 - Report Card Distribution Dates for Grades K-5
- 8/31/2016 - When Should My Child Stay Home with the Flu
- 8/31/2016 - Dignity for All Students Act - Coordinator Jeff Jasak
- 8/31/2016 - Benefits of Immersing Children in a Second Language
- 8/31/2016 - What does IB-PYP provide for my child?
- 8/12/2016 - Meet the New Principal- Walk-a-Thon
- 8/1/2016 - DE School Supply Lists
- 8/1/2016 - Resources for Parents
- 7/15/2016 - Grade 5 Summer Reading List 2016
- 7/15/2016 - 2016-17 School Calendar and Parent Information Guide
- 7/15/2016 - Grade 4 Summer Reading List 2016
- 7/15/2016 - Grade 3 Summer Reading List 2016
- 7/11/2016 - Meningococcal Vaccine REQUIRED for students entering Gr. 7 & 12
- 7/11/2016 - Parent Overview of the Parent Portal 2016-2017
- 9/1/2015 - Visual Thesaurus
- 8/31/2015 - Parent Letter: Strive to Read 25 Books
- 8/24/2015 - DE Parent Handbook 2015-16
- 9/8/2014 - Mother Tongue Book Request Parent Letter
- 9/8/2014 - Parent Expertise Letter
- 8/27/2012 - Dignity Standards Parent Letter
Durand Eastman News N Notes
- Advance Tickets for Eastridge Musical, "Singin' in the Rain"
- Open Community Forum "Knowledge & PREVENTION"
- DATE CHANGE: Staff vs. Gr. 8 Student Basketball Game
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Vendor Spaces Available, Community Garage Sale on March 18
- Irondequoit Town Supervisor visits Durand-Eastman Students
- East Irondequoit Student Prism Concert, March 6
- Cheer Eastridge on at the FIRST Robotics Competition at RIT
Durand-Eastman Staff Websites:
For a complete list from all East Irondequoit Schools Click Here