WELCOME TO DURAND-EASTMAN SCHOOL!!
Durand Eastman Families:
On behalf of all our staff, I would like to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year! As a building and a district, we continue to be committed to our students. Our staff has been working tirelessly over the summer to plan curriculum and enhance the initiatives we believe to be key to teaching and learning. Our International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program continues to be a focal point, not only in our classrooms, but our culture as well.
Teaching and learning is enriched through best practices in the classroom, as well as through the district’s commitment to innovative educational technology. We continue to increase our focus on explicit instruction in reading and math, as well as getting our students prepared to take on the challenges of learning in the 21st Century. One of our goals is to have our students safely use technology and consume on-line information in a way that is purposeful and meaningful.
Yes, we have some pretty amazing resources here in East Irondequoit! Being new to the building, one conversation resonates with me deeply. A parent, who is also an employee said to me, “Our students are very fortunate to have access to the resources we have here in East Irondequoit, the most important of those resources are the teachers.” Well put…
If there is anything I can do to help, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 330-1350.
Lancers Have HEART!
Interim Principal: Tim Roach
Secretaries: Stephanie Fien/Sarah Figler
School Counselor: Jeff Jasak 339-1360
Dignity for All Students Act Coordinator: Jeff Jasak 339-1360
School Psychologist: Leslie Psaty 339-1357
Speech Therapist: MaryJo Daughton 339-1365
Grade Level Leaders
Grade 3: Jill Tallinger
Grade 4: Susan Westcott
Grade 5: Nicole Charles
PYP Coordinator: Katie VanEps
Current Documents and Information
- 8/21/2017 - DE Picture Day Order Form (October 18, 2017)
- 8/7/2017 - DE Staff Directory
- 8/4/2017 - 2017-18 School Calendar and Parent Information Guide
- 8/4/2017 - DE Library Website
- 8/4/2017 - Durand-Eastman Parent Handbook
- 8/4/2017 - Parent Letter: Strive to Read 25 Books
- 8/4/2017 - Dignity for All Students Act - Coordinator Jeff Jasak
- 8/4/2017 - DE Rotation Day Calendar 2017-18
- 8/4/2017 - Visual Thesaurus
- 8/3/2017 - Benefits of Immersing Children in a Second Language
- 8/3/2017 - What does IB-PYP provide for my child?
- 7/31/2017 - Durand-Eastman PTA Membership Form
- 7/31/2017 - Introduction to new K-5 Report Cards
- 7/31/2017 - When Should My Child Stay Home with the Flu
- 7/31/2017 - School Visitation Policy
- 7/31/2017 - Parent's Request for Administration of Medication
- 7/31/2017 - School Nutrition Program
- 7/31/2017 - Monroe Co. School Kids Influenza Prevention Program (MCSKIPP)
- 7/31/2017 - Resources for Parents
- 7/26/2017 - DE School Supply Lists
- 11/19/2016 - Durand-Eastman PTA Meeting Minutes
- 7/11/2016 - Meningococcal Vaccine REQUIRED for students entering Gr. 7 & 12
- 7/11/2016 - Parent Overview of the Parent Portal
Durand Eastman News N Notes
- Homecoming, September 23
- DE September PTA Meeting, September 25
- DE Instrumental Night, September 21
- DE Curriculum Night, September 18
- East Irondequoit Schools, Grades 1-12 Open September 6
- Lancer Marching Band, Rainbow of Stars Show
- Rainbow of Stars Program Advertising Form
- DE Lemonade Day a sweet success!
Durand-Eastman Staff Websites:
For a complete list from all East Irondequoit Schools Click Here