Helendale Road Primary School
Dear Parents, Families and Community Members,
We are very proud to serve the East Irondequoit Community by providing a nurturing and enriching environment for our students. We pride ourselves on being a Community where teachers, parents, administrators and all school stakeholders work together to create a school where learning is loved, children are challenged and diversity is honored and celebrated.
We are a Pre-K – 2 Primary Years Programme authorized school as part of the International Baccalaureate! Our focus will be to continue to develop students who are globally minded and who demonstrate learner attitudes: Students who are Inquirers, Thinkers, Communicators, Risk-Takers, Knowledgeable, Principled, Open-Minded, Caring, Balanced and Reflective.
Students will be taught using a curriculum model that promotes learning through inquiry. By thinking and asking questions students make connections among and between life in school, life at home and life in the world.
Our teachers strive to deliver an instructional program based on best practices and research based strategies. We work to identify and serve individual academic, social, emotional, and physical needs of students to assure mastery learning and achievement of our district and state standards.
Our balanced literacy program provides students with reading and writing experiences designed to help them develop life-long literacy habits. In mathematics, we emphasize problem-solving skills and mathematical thinking. A variety of data is used to monitor student performance and provide a wide range of academic interventions and services when students have difficulty meeting expectations
Helendale has implemented School-Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports with HEART. This means that, as members of the Helendale Road Primary School Community, we are…
Honest: I tell the truth.
Empathetic: I am respectful and take care of myself, others, and my environment.
Acting Safely: I keep my hands, feet, and objects to myself.
Responsible: I make good choices.
Thinkers: I think carefully. I am a problem solver.
Throughout the school year, students will be taught how to have HEART in areas including the hallway, bathroom, playground, assemblies, cafeteria, classrooms, and the bus.
All students receive year-long instruction and reinforcement of the Second Steps Towards Violence Prevention Program. This program supports social and emotional development while teaching problem solving skills and strategies for positive interpersonal interactions.
Families are an important component of our learning community. We strongly encourage all parents to become involved in at least one of the many PTA events and activities and to volunteer in classrooms when possible. We want to exceed your expectations of our school and grow your trust in us. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please feel free to contact me at any time by phone or e-mail.
The entire staff at Helendale Road looks forward to working with all of the fantastic Lancer families of Helendale Road Primary School.
We at Helendale Road School,
strive to be inquiring, knowledgeable,
and caring people,
with a sense of community,
a respect and tolerance for diversity,
and a love of learning.
Principal: Eric Daniels
Secretary: Kim Graves, Barbara Egan
School Nurse: Nancy Brehm 339-1334
School hours (K-2): 8:40 am - 3:15 pm
School hours (Pre-K): AM-8:30 am - 11 am, PM-12:00 pm-2:30 pm
Main Office: 339-1330
School Psychologist: Dr. Sonnette Bascoe 339-1341
School Social Worker: Kelly Petzing 339-1340
Dignity for All Students Act Coordinator: Kelly Petzing 339-1340
Speech Therapist: Erin Miller 339-1330
Grade Level Leaders
Kindergarten: Barb Ferriter
Grade 1: Danielle McRae
Grade 2: Angela Caricati
Current Documents and Information
- 8/4/2017 - 2017-18 School Calendar and Parent Information Guide
- 7/31/2017 - Dignity for All Students Act - Coordinator Kelly Petzing
- 7/31/2017 - Introduction to new K-5 Report Cards
- 7/31/2017 - When Should My Child Stay Home with the Flu
- 7/31/2017 - School Visitation Policy
- 7/31/2017 - Parent's Request for Administration of Medication
- 7/31/2017 - School Nutrition Program
- 7/31/2017 - Monroe Co. School Kids Influenza Prevention Program (MCSKIPP)
- 7/31/2017 - Resources for Parents
- 5/12/2017 - School Supply Lists
- 10/3/2016 - Helendale Road PTA Membership Form
- 9/21/2016 - HR Teacher Directory
- 7/11/2016 - Meningococcal Vaccine REQUIRED for students entering Gr. 7 & 12
- 7/11/2016 - Parent Overview of the Parent Portal
- Homecoming, September 23
- HR PTA September Meeting, September 18
- HR Back-to-School Picnic, September 15
- Helendale Road School Curriculum Night, September 19
- East Irondequoit Schools, Grades 1-12 Open September 6
- Lancer Marching Band, Rainbow of Stars Show
- Rainbow of Stars Program Advertising Form
- Kindergarten Bus Orientation
Helendale Road Staff Websites:
For a complete list from all East Irondequoit Schools Click Here