Helendale Road Primary School
Welcome to the Helendale Road Primary School website!
Dear Parents, Families and Community Members,
We are very proud to serve the East Irondequoit Community by providing a nurturing and enriching environment for our students. We pride ourselves on being a Learning Community where teachers, parents, administrators and all school stakeholders work together to create a school where learning is loved, children are challenged and diversity is honored and celebrated.
Our teachers strive to deliver an instructional program based on best practices and research based strategies. We work to identify and serve individual academic, social, emotional, and physical needs of students to assure mastery learning and achievement of our district and state standards. Our balanced literacy program provides students with reading and writing experiences designed to help them develop life-long literacy habits. In mathematics, we emphasize problem-solving skills and mathematical thinking. A variety of data is used to monitor student performance and provide a wide range of academic interventions and services when students have difficulty meeting expectations. All students receive year-long instruction and reinforcement of the Second Steps Towards Violence Prevention Program. This program supports social and emotional development while teaching problem solving skills and strategies for positive interpersonal interactions. Additionally we are creating a school-wide positive behavior program:
Lancers have HEART!
We are also continuing to grow towards becoming a Primary Years Programme authorized school as part of the International Baccalaureate in our district, Pre-K-12. Our focus will be to continue to develop students who are globally minded and who demonstrate learner attitudes: Students who are Inquirers, Thinkers, Communicators, Risk-Takers, Knowledgeable, Principled, Open-Minded, Caring, Balanced and Reflective. Students will be taught using a curriculum model that promotes learning through inquiry. By thinking and asking questions students make connections among and between life in school, life at home and life in the world.
Families are an important component of our learning community. We strongly encourage all parents to become involved in at least one of the many PTA events and activities and to volunteer in classrooms when possible. We want to exceed your expectations of our school and grow your trust in us. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please feel free to contact me at any time by phone or e-mail.
The entire staff at Helendale Road looks forward to working with all of the fantastic Lancer families of Helendale Road Primary School. We will continue to do our very best to provide a learning community where all students learn and grow.
We at Helendale Road School,
strive to be inquiring, knowledgeable,
and caring people,
with a sense of community,
a respect and tolerance for diversity,
and a love of learning.
Principal: Eric Daniels
Secretary: Kim Graves, Barbara Egan
School Nurse: Mary Repp 339-1334
School hours (K-2): 8:40 am - 3:15 pm
School hours (Pre-K): AM-8:30 am - 11 am, PM-12:00 pm-2:30 pm
Main Office: 339-1330
School Psychologist: Cathy Lesio 339-1341
School Social Worker: Kelly Petzing 339-1340
Dignity for All Students Act Coordinator: Kelly Petzing 339-1340
Speech Therapist: Erin Miller 339-1330
Grade Level Leaders
Kindergarten: Barb Ferriter
Grade 1: Danielle McRae
Grade 2: Kathleen Deiure
Current Documents and Information
- 8/4/2014 - Helendale Road PTA Meeting Minutes
- 8/4/2014 - Food Service Program
- 7/29/2014 - 2014-15 Crossing Guard Schedule
- 7/24/2014 - 2014-15 School Calendar and Parent Information Guide
- 7/17/2014 - Helendale Road PTA Membership Form
- 7/17/2014 - Helendale Road School Supply Lists
- 7/17/2014 - Dignity for All Students Act - Coordinator Kelly Petzing
- 7/16/2014 - Parent Overview of the Parent Portal 2014-2015
- 7/8/2014 - Monroe Co. School Kids Influenza Prevention Program (MCSKIPP)
- 7/8/2014 - When Should My Child Stay Home with the Flu
- 7/8/2014 - School Visitation Policy
- 7/8/2014 - Summer Reading Lists
- 7/8/2014 - Parent's Request for Administration of Medication
- 6/11/2014 - School Supply Lists
- 8/16/2013 - Sample Report Cards K-5
- 8/13/2013 - Helendale Road Literacy Teams
- 7/16/2013 - Helendale News
- 8/31/2012 - HR Teacher Directory
- 8/27/2014 - Rainbow of Stars NYS Field Band Competition -September 6
- 8/7/2014 - Fall Community Garage Sale, Oct. 18 - Vendor Registration Form
- 8/4/2014 - Helendale Road School Curriculum Night, Tuesday, September 16
- 8/4/2014 - Helendale Rd. PTA Mtg., Thursday, September 11
- 7/8/2014 - Kindergarten and Pre-K Orientation Dates
- 7/8/2014 - Dates for 2014-15 School Opening
- 6/11/2014 - EICSD awarded Outstanding FLES Program Award
- 5/14/2014 - End-of-School Calendar Changes
Helendale Road Staff Websites:
For a complete list from all East Irondequoit Schools Click Here