Ivan L. Green Primary School
Dear Parents and Community Members,
We at Ivan L. Green Primary School are proud to serve the East Irondequoit Community and provide a nurturing and enriching environment for our students. We pride ourselves on being a Learning Community where teachers, parents, administrators and all school stakeholders work together for children to create a school where learning is loved, children are challenged, and diversity is honored and celebrated.
As such, our teachers strive to deliver a program based on best practices and research based strategies. We work collaboratively to identify and serve the individual academic, social, emotional and physical needs of students to assure mastery learning and achievement of our district and state standards. Our balanced literacy program provides students with reading and writing experiences which are designed to help them develop life-long literacy habits and enjoy learning. In mathematics, we regularly emphasize problem solving skills and encourage mathematical thinking. A variety of data is used to monitor our students’ performance and provide a multitude of academic interventions and services when students have difficulty meeting expectations.
Our Be Enthusiastic About Reading home reading program encourages parents to read with their child each evening and record the titles of books on their BEAR card. Second Step, a program that supports social and emotional development provides our students with problem-solving tools and emotional skills and strategies for positive interpersonal interactions. In addition, we have created a school-wide positive behavior program:
Lancers Have H.E.A.R.T.:
These are our school-wide rules:
- Acting safely
Ivan Green Primary is now officially a candidate school for the Primary Years Programme (PYP). We have now joined with the intermediate schools, and the middle and high school to complete the continuum of the district-wide International Baccalaureate Program for grades K-12. Our focus will continue to develop students who are globally minded and who demonstrate the Learner Profile Traits: Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Communicators, Principled, Open-Minded, Caring, Risk-Takers, Balanced, and Reflective. Students will learn through a curriculum model that promotes learning through inquiry where students make connections between life in school, life at home and life in the world.
Parents are an important component of our learning community. We encourage parents to become involved in a wide range of PTA events and activities and to volunteer in classrooms. Your input and perceptions are very important to us. We want to meet your expectations and needs as well as those of our students. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me at any time by phone or email.
The Ivan Green teachers and I look forward to working with all the beautiful children and wonderful parents who walk through our doors and we will continue to do our very best to provide a learning community where all of our students can learn and grow.
Principal: Deborah Decker
Secretary: Laurel Collins/Penny Taylor
School Nurse: Carol Pearson 339-1314
School hours (K-2): 8:40 am - 3:15 pm
School hours (Pre-K): AM-8:30 am-11 am, PM-12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Main Office: 339-1310
School Psychologist: Amanda Dake 339-1327
School Social Worker: Beth Zimber 339-1320
Dignity for All Students Act Coordinator: Beth Zimber 339-1320
Speech Therapist: Erin Collins 339-1322
Grade Level Leaders
Kindergarten: Kristin Fitzgerald
Grade 1: Donna Magliocca
Grade 2: Kristin Nuijens
Current Documents and Information
- 10/3/2016 - Ivan Green PTA Membership Form
- 10/3/2016 - Ivan Green Staff Directory
- 10/3/2016 - Ivan Green School Parent Handbook
- 9/7/2016 - 2016-17 Crossing Guard Schedule
- 8/31/2016 - School Nutrition Program
- 8/31/2016 - Ivan Green School Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- 8/31/2016 - Dignity for All Students Act - Coordinator Beth Zimber
- 8/31/2016 - Introduction to new K-5 Report Cards
- 8/31/2016 - School Visitation Policy
- 8/31/2016 - Parent's Request for Administration of Medication
- 8/31/2016 - Monroe Co. School Kids Influenza Prevention Program (MCSKIPP)
- 8/31/2016 - Report Card Distribution Dates for Grades K-5
- 8/31/2016 - When Should My Child Stay Home with the Flu
- 8/1/2016 - Resources for Parents
- 7/15/2016 - 2016-17 School Calendar and Parent Information Guide
- 7/11/2016 - Meningococcal Vaccine REQUIRED for students entering Gr. 7 & 12
- 7/11/2016 - Parent Overview of the Parent Portal 2016-2017
- 6/6/2016 - Ivan Green School Supply Lists
- 10/31/2012 - Letter to parents on Dignity for All Students Act
- Advance Tickets for Eastridge Musical, "Singin' in the Rain"
- Open Community Forum "Knowledge & PREVENTION"
- DATE CHANGE: Staff vs. Gr. 8 Student Basketball Game
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Vendor Spaces Available, Community Garage Sale on March 18
- East Irondequoit Student Prism Concert, March 6
- Ivan Green's "Soup-er" Bowl benefits Center for Youth
- Cheer Eastridge on at the FIRST Robotics Competition at RIT
Ivan-Green School Staff Websites:
For a complete list from all East Irondequoit Schools Click Here