Welcome to Ivan Green Primary School!
Dear Parents and Community Members,
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year!
As the new Principal of Ivan Green Primary School, I am both excited and honored to become a member of this great school community. Over the past month I have had the opportunity to learn about the school from leadership, staff, parents, and students. I am humbled by a shared purpose which has guided my own leadership: a relentless commitment to putting children at the center of our work in education.
We at Ivan L. Green Primary School are proud to serve the East Irondequoit Community and provide a nurturing and enriching environment for our students. We pride ourselves on being a Learning Community where teachers, parents, administrators and all school stakeholders work together for children to create a school where learning is loved, children are challenged, and diversity is honored and celebrated. I have been inspired by the strong collaboration and commitment to student learning at Ivan Green. Together, we can ensure that we are all learning and growing for our number one priority: Doing what is best for OUR children/students!
Our area of unified common interest is the students of Ivan Green Primary School. It is imperative that our community embraces the idea of doing whatever it takes to ensure the academic and social/emotional growth of our students. As a professional learning community, we are committed to working tirelessly to provide challenging educational opportunities for children each day. To be successful as we can be in our learning community, we need your help. You are a special and unique part of our learning community. Collaboration with your child's teacher is a main ingredient to a healthy and successful year. Open communication is vital to ensure a successful home-school partnership throughout the year. Parent involvement is an important aspect of every child's education and is the primary factor in a students' success in school.
Our Be Enthusiastic About Reading home reading program encourages parents to read with their child each evening and record the titles of books on their BEAR card. Second Step, a program that supports social and emotional development provides our students with problem-solving tools and emotional skills and strategies for positive interpersonal interactions. In addition, we have created a school-wide positive behavior program:
Lancers Have H.E.A.R.T.:
These are our school-wide rules:
- Acting safely
I am excited to announce that Ivan Green Primary is now an authorized Primary Years Programme (PYP) school. We have now joined with the intermediate schools, and the middle and high school to complete the continuum of the district-wide International Baccalaureate Program for grades K-12. Our focus will continue to develop students who are globally minded and who demonstrate the Learner Profile Traits: Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Communicators, Principled, Open-Minded, Caring, Risk-Takers, Balanced, and Reflective. Students will learn through a curriculum model that promotes learning through inquiry where students make connections between life in school, life at home and life in the world.
All of us at Ivan Green are eager and excited to begin what promises to be the best year ever. This year is going to be "Great" as we continue to provide academic experiences for our students that are rigorous, relevant and builds relationships. As your principal, it is important to me that everyone who steps through our doors-staff, students, and parents-are excited to be here! This attitude enables us to meet the challenges of academic excellence in a positive, fun and nurturing environment.
Principal: Teralyn Strauss
Secretary: Laurel Collins/Penny Taylor
School Nurse: Carol Pearson 339-1314
School hours (K-2): 8:40 am - 3:15 pm
School hours (Pre-K): AM-8:30 am-11 am, PM-12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Main Office: 339-1310
School Psychologist: Amanda Dake 339-1327
School Social Worker: Beth Zimber 339-1320
Dignity for All Students Act Coordinator: Beth Zimber 339-1320
Speech Therapist: Erin Collins 339-1322
Grade Level Leaders
Kindergarten: Kristin Fitzgerald
Grade 1: Donna Magliocca
Grade 2: Kristin Nuijens
Current Documents and Information
- 8/4/2017 - 2017-18 School Calendar and Parent Information Guide
- 7/31/2017 - Ivan Green PTA Membership Form
- 7/31/2017 - Ivan Green School Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- 7/31/2017 - Dignity for All Students Act - Coordinator Beth Zimber
- 7/31/2017 - Introduction to new K-5 Report Cards
- 7/31/2017 - When Should My Child Stay Home with the Flu
- 7/31/2017 - School Visitation Policy
- 7/31/2017 - Parent's Request for Administration of Medication
- 7/31/2017 - School Nutrition Program
- 7/31/2017 - Monroe Co. School Kids Influenza Prevention Program (MCSKIPP)
- 7/31/2017 - Resources for Parents
- 6/9/2017 - Ivan Green School Supply Lists
- 10/3/2016 - Ivan Green Staff Directory
- 10/3/2016 - Ivan Green School Parent Handbook
- 7/11/2016 - Meningococcal Vaccine REQUIRED for students entering Gr. 7 & 12
- 7/11/2016 - Parent Overview of the Parent Portal
- 10/31/2012 - Letter to parents on Dignity for All Students Act
- Homecoming, September 23
- Ivan Green Movie Night, September 29
- Ivan Green PTA Meeting, September 11
- Ivan Green Curriculum Night, Grades 1 & 2
- East Irondequoit Schools, Grades 1-12 Open September 6
- Lancer Marching Band, Rainbow of Stars Show
- Rainbow of Stars Program Advertising Form
- Kindergarten Bus Orientation
Ivan-Green School Staff Websites:
For a complete list from all East Irondequoit Schools Click Here