Laurelton-Pardee Intermediate School
Digital Citizenship Video - Students need to watch this video prior to picking up ipads.
Welcome to the Laurelton-Pardee Intermediate School Website.
Dear LP Families:
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! Please read this entire memo so your child is prepared to begin school. Enclosed, you will also find your child’s class placement information, school supply list, and other pertinent information. We have been busy at LP making sure we are ready for a successful school year. We are welcoming two new classroom teachers this year. I will introduce them in my first electronic newsletter. Please call the main office if you need to update your email address in our system. This is how my weekly newsletter is distributed.
This year will be filled with some wonderful experiences for your children, some of which include some great updates to our PBIS framework and continuing with our student council and our student-run morning show. Also, we look forward to more chorus and band concerts, the school play, and the annual science fair and ice cream social to name a few well-loved LP traditions. I am thrilled to have you and your family on this journey with us. Please be sure to follow us on Twitter @LaureltonPardee to view the morning show on your own.
What Would You Do?! Do you remember the 90s gameshow What Would You Do? with Marc Summers? We are using the signage and theme song and incorporating them into our PBIS framework and school theme for the year. We are looking forward to teaching our behavioral expectations through the reflective question: What Would You Do?
Morning Arrival – The school opens at 8:40. The school day begins at 8:45. There is no reason for students to be here prior to that unless they eat breakfast here at school. Please do not drop students off early if they are not eating breakfast. Students will not be supervised prior to 8:30. Arriving to school via the school bus is strongly encouraged. The YMCA offers a wrap program with transportation included on a sliding scale. They can be reached at 341-3221.
**NEW**Dismissal Pick-Up – Students will NOT be dismissed between 2:45 and 3:10. All students being picked up at 3:10 will be received at the south doors. If you need your child sooner, please plan on picking up in the main office prior to 2:45. Adults picking students up should be prepared to show identification. If you plan to pick your child up on a regular basis, please complete the enclosed half sheet of paper and return it to school. Otherwise, students will not be released without a note sent in each day.
**NEW**No Food Birthday Celebrations – Starting in September, we will NOT allow food to be used to celebrate students’ birthdays at school. We encourage you to read a story or play a game with the class or share a small non-food birthday treat. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
Summer Construction – Several construction crews have been busy throughout the summer all around the school. Some of the highlights include new floors, ceilings, paint, digital touch screens and white boards in classrooms, updates to student bathrooms, an entrance canopy, a fob on the playground door, and more. We can’t wait for you to see it in September.
HEART T-Shirts – We are excited to offer all new students a free HEART t-shirt this school year. We hope you will help us encourage your child(ren) to wear them to school on Community Circle days (once a month). We will provide each student with one t-shirt for their LP years. You can always order and pay for another one if it needs to be replaced. Please complete the form enclosed and return it to school indicating your child’s size – go large so it fits for up to three years. Replacement shirts can be purchased for $5.00 in the main office.
Please contact me with any questions. We are here to help!
Lucas Hiley, Ed.D.Principal
Laurelton Pardee Mission Statement
We will develop lifelong learners with active, inquiring and creative minds,
a sense of understanding and compassion for others, and the courage to act on their beliefs.
We will provide challenging programs that promote and measure growth
in order to ensure that our students become successful members of a global community.
This year we will be implementing school essential agreements. These agreements will guide our students respectful actions in all areas of our school building. Students will review these agreements with their teachers and classmates working to identify actions that will align their behavior with these expectations. Please take a moment to discuss these school expectations with your child.
OUR SCHOOL ESSENTIAL AGREEMENTS
I will show respect by:
- being a positive communicator.
- showing empathy for others.
- acting principled in all places.
- making a commitment every day to be a learner.
Principal: Lucas Hiley
School Nurse: Rosemary Magill, 339-1381
School hours: 8:40 am - 3:15 pm
Attendance Office: 339-1376
Main Office: 339-1370
School Counselor: Jacqueline McAllister 339-1382
Dignity for All Students Act Coordinator: Jacqueline McAllister 339-1382
School Psychologist: Amanda Lauck 339-1393
Speech Therapist: Lori Fox 339-1390
Grade Level Leaders
Grade 3: Jason DeJohn
Grade 4: Kara Lehman
Grade 5: Jackie Antonelli
PYP Coordinator: Jason DeJohn
Choosing a Foreign Language, click here
Current Documents and Information
- 8/7/2018 - LP Staff Directory
- 7/25/2018 - LP School Supply Lists - 2018-19
- 7/17/2018 - 2018-19 School Calendar and Parent Information Guide
- 9/25/2017 - PYP Primary Years Program Newsletters
- 9/25/2017 - LP Staff Directory
- 8/25/2017 - 2017-18 Crossing Guard Schedule
- 8/23/2017 - Digital Citizenship - Students must view before picking up ipads
- 8/23/2017 - LP Student Handbook
- 7/31/2017 - Laurelton-Pardee Intermediate School, Primary Years Programme
- 7/31/2017 - Laurelton-Pardee PTA Membership Form
- 7/31/2017 - Dignity for All Students Act - Coordinator Jacqueline McAllister
- 7/31/2017 - Click here for the Laurelton-Pardee PYP website
- 7/31/2017 - Introduction to new K-5 Report Cards
- 7/31/2017 - When Should My Child Stay Home with the Flu
- 7/31/2017 - School Visitation Policy
- 7/31/2017 - Parent's Request for Administration of Medication
- 7/31/2017 - School Nutrition Program
- 7/31/2017 - Monroe Co. School Kids Influenza Prevention Program (MCSKIPP)
- 7/31/2017 - Resources for Parents
- 8/31/2016 - Laurelton-Pardee Parent Handbook
- 7/11/2016 - Parent Overview of the Parent Portal
- Physicals for all EI district students available at Eastridge
- Rainbow of Stars Ad Flyer
- 2018-19 New Student-Open Registration
- PBIS June Newsletter
- Summer (Free) Food Program
- News from the Band Room at Laurelton-Pardee School
- Irondequoit Summer Camps
- LP Family Bingo Night, April 27
Laurelton-Pardee Staff Websites:
For a complete list from all East Irondequoit Schools Click Here