JANUARY 17, 2019 C-DAY
Mod.A Boys Basketball team played away yesterday at Spencerport we lost 53-72. Anthony Bennett had 6 points, Evan Brown led all scorers with 15 points. Our next game is friday away.
Attention Juniors: Students interested in attending the trip to Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the Washington DC area in April must attend the informational meeting next week. To be considered for this trip, students must have no discipline, 90% attendance, and must complete an application with essay. The HBCU informational meeting will be held January 23rd in Ms. Mead’s room, W2A at 2:30.
- In the short-term e-cigarette aerosol can irritate your lungs, throat and eyes. It can also make it more likely for you to catch colds and the flu.
- Virtually all vapes contain nicotine even the ones labeled “nicotine free”. This is because there are no rules about how e-cigarettes or “vape-juice” is made. There is no way to know exactly what is in an e-cigarette
- The aerosol produced by vapes ISN’T water vapor and it ISN’T harmless. Just because it maybe less harmful does not mean it is HARMLESS.
JANUARY 14, 2018 D-DAY
Chess Club today at 2:30 in room 133. Get you game on.
Attention LOTE club members. Our next meeting will be Wednesday, January 16th after school in W27. We will make a decision about our charity donation and plan our next events.
Mod. A Boys basketball team took on Churchville Chili Friday at home. We lost 59-51 Our next game is Wednesday away against Spencerport.
The Eastridge JV lady lancer basketball team won a tough game at Arcadia Friday night 56 to 44.
Tenaja Scott led the lancers with a season high 21 points as the lancers ran the floor well executing multiple fast breaks. Anna Fakovic added her season high 12 points off of rebounds and trailer. Sierra Devlin added 7 including a 3 pointer late in the game. Nijeylie also hit a 3 and ended the night with 5. Rachel Kabaka ended the night with 3 . Ayanna Chhoen, Nevaeh Johnson, Nayomie Ferrer, and Samarra Camacho all added 2 . Come out and support the Lady Lancers as they have 2 home game Tuesday and Friday right here at Eastridge.
This weekend the Indoor Track team continued to rewrite the record books this season by breaking 3 school records and setting 3 new girls records. Junior Brooke Fedison destroyed a 19 year old record in the 55 meter hurdles and finished 3rd overall. The girls 4 by 400 meter relay team of Brooke Fedison, Sierra Manning, Ay'rianna Moore and Suzanna Wojnowski finished 1st overall in all of Section V in the meet! On the boys side, the team set 3 new school records in the 55m hurdles, long jump and weight throw. Great job Lancers!
- No Vape has been found to be safe and effective to help people quit smoking
- Nicotine is highly addictive and exposure during adolescence can harm the developing brain and set you up for long term addiction
- 90% of youth who use e-cigarettes eventually end up using traditional cigarettes as well.