Battery Safety Guidelines
Please follow these guidelines when using, handling, or storing batteries (including cell phone batteries):
• Do not carry loose batteries in a pocket or backpack which contains any exposed metal. If the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals of a battery come in contact, then the battery will become short circuited. This can cause the battery to leak, explode, or catch on fire.
• Always follow warnings and manufacturer instructions for both the batteries and the battery-operated product. Use only the type and size of battery specified by the manufacturer.
• Always insert the batteries correctly with regard to polarity (-/+), matching the positive and negative symbols of both battery and product.
• When the battery no longer holds a charge, remove and safely dispose of it immediately.
• Do not heat batteries.
• Do not crush, puncture, dismantle or otherwise damage batteries.