Pesticide Notification Form
Dear Parent, Guardian, and School Staff:
New York State Education Law Section 409-H, effective July 1, 2001, requires all public and non-public elementary and secondary schools to provide written notification to all persons in parental relation, faculty, and staff regarding the potential use of pesticides periodically throughout the school year.
The East Irondequoit Central School District is required to maintain a list of persons in parental relation, faculty, and staff who wish to receive 48-hour prior written notification of certain pesticide applications. The following pesticide applications are not subject to prior notification requirements:
- A school remains unoccupied for a continuous 72 hours following an application;
- Anti-microbial products;
- Nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children;
- Nonvolatile insecticidal baits in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children;
- Silica gels and other nonvolatile ready-to-use pastes, foams, or gels in areas inaccessible to children;
- Boric acid and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate;
- The application of EPA designated biopesticides;
- The application of EPA designated exempt materials under 40CFRI152.25;
- The use of aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps, and hornets.
In the event of an emergency application necessary to protect against an imminent threat to human health, a good faith effort will be made to supply written notification to those on the 48-hour prior notification list. If you would like to receive 48-hour prior notification of pesticide applications that are scheduled to occur in your school, please complete the form below and return it to the school.
EAST IRONDEQUOIT CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
DAY PHONE______________EVENING PHONE_______________
For further information, please feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, East Irondequoit Central School District, 125 Kane Rd, Rochester, NY 14622, Phone (585) 339-1480, Fax (585) 339-1569, email Christine_Rodriguez@eastiron.monroe.edu.
*Written notification must be provided to all persons in parental relation and staff at the following intervals throughout the school year: at the beginning of the school year; within two school days of the end of the winter recess; within two school days of the end of spring recess; and within ten days of the end of the school year.