May 3, 2019
Some updates and dates to be aware of for the end of the school year.
- 6th grade swimming starts May 13th and goes until May 20th. Students should check with their PE teacher for the exact class times they will be going to the high school to swim
- June 6th will be the 6th and 7th grade Awards night – invites for this evening are sent out about 1 week ahead of time
- End of school year schedule – June 17, 18, 19, 20, are all full days. June 20th will be field days by grade level – more details on that day to be sent out later. June 21, and 24 are ½ days. June 21 is a ½ day for 6th and 7th grade only, as June 21st is the moving up ceremony for 8th grade. The dinner dance is later that night, more information to be sent out on this event also. June 24th is a1/2 day for 6th ad 7th grades only, 8th grade’s last day is June 21st.
- Just a reminder to this year 6th and 7th grade parents and students – we offer the opportunity for all 8th grade students to attend the trip to Washington, but not if a student makes poor choices regarding his/her behavior. We hope every student gets the opportunity to see Washington so please speak with your son/daughter about work ethic, character, behavior choices, and friendship choices. We appreciate the support!
- In addition to big trips, please have the conversation about field days – we want everyone to participate, but if poor choices are made, then students will be asked to attend a class on decision making, not attend the field days. Again, thank you for your support with emphasizing the importance to learning while in the classroom and behaving while in school.