EICSD Reopening 2021 FACTS and FAQs
The health and safety of our Lancer families is our number one concern and EICSD is taking enhanced measures for all students, staff and visitors. Upon entry inside our school district property, you must follow all posted instructions.
Always Remember: if you have a fever and/or any flu-like symptoms, please stay home and consult your health care professional.
Health and Safety
- Self-screen at home, but there will be no online daily screening – if symptomatic, students and staff need to stay home and contact your health care provider. Isolation and quarantine protocols remain the same for those unvaccinated.
- If fully vaccinated but exposed to a COVID-19 positive case: testing is required between the third and fifth day of exposure and wear a mask indoors for 14 days or until receiving a negative test result. If testing positive, isolate until no longer contagious (10 days from the last day of exposure).
Follow the links from the CDC for more information:
- Masks will be worn indoors, always, except when eating.
- Masks are not required to be worn outside.
- Mask breaks will be provided.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be enforced for PE class and band/chorus.
- Meals will be distanced, and seats will be assigned for contact tracing purposes.
- Classrooms will continue to have cleaning kits and hand sanitizer.
- Custodial staff will consistently clean/disinfect buildings, especially high touch surfaces.
- Hand washing and sanitizing will be encouraged and practiced throughout the day.
- Students will have assigned seats.
- Masks must be worn by all riding the bus, including the driver, at all times.
- Buses will be cleaned in between runs.
- Lunch and breakfast will be provided daily, free of charge.
- Students will be distanced during meals. Buildings may use alternate space for meals such as classrooms and gymnasiums. Student seating locations will be recorded for contact tracing purposes.
Athletics and Co-Curriculars
- Marching band season is underway.
- Sports will begin on August 23rd and 30th, 2021.
- Masking will be required whenever indoors.
- More information will be coming from our Athletic Director regarding protocols for athletics and extracurricular activities.
- Remote learning will not be an instructional option this fall. Any student with a documented medical reason which prohibits them from being in person must consult with their student’s principal.
- Should local COVID 19 infections rise to the point where EICSD would be required to close, EICSD will be prepared to transition to a remote or hybrid learning model.
- Depending on the rate of transmission for our region, testing may be required to identify individuals who are asymptomatic but carrying the virus.
Q. If a student or staff member is vaccinated, do they still need to mask indoors?
Q. Will there still be temperature screening at each school entrance?
A. Not unless the NYSDOH or CDC requires it.
Q. Is the district required to offer remote learning to any student who requests it?
A. A remote option is not required by the state at this time. Each district does, however, need to have a plan in place for a hybrid model or fully remote model, should it be directed to close school by the state.
Q. Will students be required to eat in classrooms this year?
A. Breakfast/lunch plans are currently being created at each building. Once finalized, building principals will communicate school specific plans with families.
Q. Will there be security at each elementary building as there was last year?
A. All four elementary buildings will have a security person at the door for the first two weeks of school only. With secondary buildings operating at full capacity, all security will be reassigned to the middle school and high school.
Please refer to the 2021 Learning tab on the district website: www.eastiron.org/learning2021