Eastridge High School is Looking for a Fall & Winter Varsity Cheerleading Coach
Job Title: Head Varsity Fall & Winter Cheerleader Coach
Supervisor: Athletic Director Job Summary Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in competitive Cheerleader techniques to prepare them for events or competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
1. Works with cheerleaders during practices and meets.
2. Conducts off-season workouts throughout the year.
3. Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages students to participate.
4. Assesses skills and assigns team positions.
5. Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
6. Works with the Athletic Department in scheduling facilities and transportation for practices and competition.
7. Coaches and instructs cheerleaders, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
8. Develops a positive relationship with youth programs.
9. Observes cheerleaders, during events and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
10. Establishes and maintains high standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of students at all times.
11. Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
12. Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the performance of their student.
13. Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the program.
14. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards cheerleaders, officials, and spectators.
15. Acts as a team representative and promotes the cheerleading by communicating with the news media, booster clubs, service clubs, and other organizations.
16. Follows established procedures for supplies and uniforms.
17. Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
18. Maintains eligibility forms, emergency data cards, insurance records, equipment inventory, and other related records.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
1. Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
2. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or other appropriate administrators.
Minimum Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required) Experience as a competitive Cheerleader coach at the high school or college level. Must possess or be able to obtain a valid NYS coaching certification. Must possess or be able to obtain valid First Aid/AED/CPR certification.
All interested candidates can apply via the East Irondequoit Human Resource page or by submitting resume directly to the Athletic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org